What can we do with pipeline once it’s created?
- View it and its log files
- Edit; add stages, toggle transitions
- Retry the pipeline
- Delete it
Can CodeBuild be used for both build and test?
- Yes! The entire build/test process can be automated in codepipeline.
Why “disable transition” between stages?
- Good for debugging certain segments of the pipeline
- E.g. test the build without hitting deployment
Why use jenkins?
- Well suited for DevOps / agile methodologies that use quick iteration cycles
Do we always want to automate the whole way to prod?
- Sometimes we set up manual approval actions (e.g. to deploy)
Why have approval actions?
- Code review
- QA / testing
- Review new / updated text before publishing
Where can we add approval action steps?
- Within existing stages, or:
- Between stages, in a new stage
How can we limit who is able to approve stuff?
- There’s a managed IAM policy called “AWSCodePipelineApproverAccess”
- Remember to re-enable transitions after disabling
- No need for “key pair” on ec2; it’s managed by pipeline