- Quickly deploy apps w/o worrying about infra
- Easy upload application
- Geared towards software developers
- Works with containers!
- Great for testing environments
- Create “application”
- Upload “version”
- Bundled app
- Launch environment
- AWS resources running a version
- Manage environment
- (Upload new versions)
Drawbacks of beanstalk?
- Less customizable under the hood
- Config mgmt service
- Chef, puppet instances
- Hybrid environments, on-prem servers reachable by chef/puppet
- More about infra than apps
- Can actually be used to deploy OpsWorks and Beanstalk stuff
- I.e. works with beanstalk.