What are wait conditions for?
- It’s a CF resource, like anything else
- Makes the stack wait until key systems are operational
- Wait for a count of success signals
- Could use a timeout
- E.g. a NAT instance has to be configured before private instances try to hit the web
- For when we need to time things carefully, e.g.:
- Ec2 instance needs stuff installed before continuing template build
- Hybrid environment: Signal to and from on-prem systems
What’s a creation policy?
- It’s an attribute associated with(in) resources
- Wait conditions are independent resources
- Recommended for ec2 and auto-scaling groups (ASG’s)