- Deals with containers
- Fronted by an application load balancer
- Operated via ECS
- Like ec2 but you get a container rather than a server
Why use it?
- Don’t want to manage servers
- Great for on-prem to cloud migration
- Microservice architectures
- Batch processing / ML
How’s it different from beanstalk?
- Strictly focused on containers
How do you use it?
- Build container image
- Specify CPU and memory req’s
- Define networking / IAM policies
What’s a fargate task?
- One or more docker containers deployed with certain settings
- Task definition .json document
- You can add cloudwatch logging
- You can have Fargate clusters in public or private subnets
- Public load balancers accept web traffic and routes it to container
- Thru ENI
- Private load balancer would only accept traffic from within the cluster